Saturday, March 12, 2011

Excitement

For years now I've wanted to be a published author. Ok, so maybe I didn't go about it the "traditional" way (although, by golly I tried!) by landing an agent, publishing house, and getting my book in print. So what? My books will still be available to the public for a reasonable fee, and that's what really matters. Thanks to ebooks, authors can self-publish with very little hassle, and I think that's terrific! I get to share my stories with the world, and if it weren't for ebook, then I wouldn't be able to do that as easily. Plus I still get to make a little money off of them, but I don't expect to make a whole lot. I don't care about being rich and famous, I just want to make a living and have my own small fanbase.

These past few days of building a website, getting the book online, creating author pages and a blog, have been hectic, but they're all wonderful reminders that I'll soon be a published author. I'll make another post as soon as the book is officially up since it takes 24-72 hours for it to go online.

No comments:

Post a Comment